Security Officer Training Course- This 120 hours course offers a comprehensive training program designed for individuals looking to get into the security industry. This course includes the following course:
- Ethics (WI DOJ)
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making (WI DOJ)
- Cultural Competence (WI DOJ)
- Professional Communication (WI DOJ)
- Defensive tactics/Use of Force (WI DOJ)
- PPBT “Personal Protection Baton Tactics”
- OCAT “Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosol (Pepper spray) Training”
- PATH “Practical and Tactical Handcuffing
- Firearms certification –Handgun (WI DOJ)
- Basics of Report Writing
- State of Wisconsin Private Security Person Permit
- State of Wisconsin Private Security Firearms Permit
- Wisconsin Conceal Carry License
The student is required to bring note taking materials and must provide their own firearm for firearms training. Upon Completion they will receive a certificate of completion and wallet cards.
Practical and Tactical Handcuffing, P.A.T.H® Certification- course is the most complete and innovative handcuffing course in the country. The techniques presented are practical and effective. Topics to be covered include the safest approach and positioning for handcuffing, handcuffing non-compliant subjects, prone and kneeling handcuffing, removing handcuffs, and the use of various type of cuffs, among others.
Personal Protection Baton Tactics™ Certification-program is designed for human service professionals who deal with conflict or potential violence. This includes corporations, law enforcement organizations, security companies, academic institutions, healthcare facilities, military, and federal agencies.
Through a combination of Practical Exercises and Classroom instruction you will learn how to:
- Identify the stages of conflict in order to: recognize the threat, reduce the threat, and determine how and when to use force.
- Apply state-of-the-art tactical concepts such as: Proper Defensive Positions, Methods of Movement, Drawing Techniques, Baton Shielding, Baton Counter-Strikes, and Baton Retention.
- Avoid liability suits through: Certified training, understanding the effects of police batons, identifying factors which justify baton use, and proper baton incident documentation.
This training program is non-product specific straight and expandable baton training program. Once trained and certified the officer and agency choose the brand and design of straight or expandable baton that fits their needs. This course does not address the use of side-handle batons.
OCAT® Certification-Oleoresin Capsicum (pepper spray) formulation. OC has proven to be more effective than CS or CN, and as a result, numerous companies now manufacture OC aerosol sprays. Since the introduction of the OCAT® “Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosol Training” program in 1991, thousands of instructors and countless basic users have been trained from agencies such as healthcare, federal, military, law enforcement, security, and corrections. This training program covers all aspects for fighting with Pepper Spray. This is the most comprehensive program of its kind. It educates the student on all aspects of the OC itself and then goes on to teach basic to advanced tactics and training methods. Inert OC training units are used to train in a realistic manner and play out scenario based training simulations.
Wisconsin Basic Firearms Certification-This certification will allow you to obtain your Firearms Permit. During this course you will learn firearms safety, basic pistol retention, marksmanship, and the laws associated with carrying a weapon while working in the Public Safety Officer field. We also conduct recertification for firearms permits too.
Civilian OC Course- Two hour course- This course is especially valuable for those in Wisconsin who cannot legally carry a gun for personal protection. This class will cover the following topics: History of OC Pepper Spray, Effects of Pepper Spray both psychologically and physically, After treatment, How to carry, How to deploy (single and multiple attackers), When you should use it, Legal ramifications, Levels of awareness and Exercises for Real World situations.
Conceal Carry Weapons Course- This 4 hour course is a very comprehensive firearms training course, it develops safe handling and basic understanding of firearms. comprehension of the law when carrying and/or using a firearm.
- We use the Wisconsin’s DOJ CCW curriculum for our class
- No Shooting Required
- Beginners Welcome
- Safe firearm handling
- Firearm parts and operation
- Ammunition and its function
- Shooting fundamentals
- How to select, clean and properly store a firearm
PPBT™ is a registered trademark of Personal Protection Consultants, Inc.
- PATH® is a registered trademark of Personal Protection Consultants, Inc.
- OCAT® is a registered trademark of Personal Protection Consultants, Inc.